How does Decision Toolbox differ from traditional recruiting companies?
Decision Toolbox is dramatically different from traditional recruiting firms, as outlined here.
How does Decision Toolbox differ from other RPO (Recruitment Process Outsourcing) companies?
Decision Toolbox was a pioneer of Recruitment Process Outsourcing, but over the years the definition of RPO has become muddled due to the number of companies that have jumped onto that bandwagon. If you ask ten companies for their interpretation of Recruitment Process Outsourcing, you will most likely get ten different answers. However, all or most have the following in common:
- A long term contractual dollar commitment is required.
- The employer gives up some or all control of the recruitment process in exchange for scalability.
- RPO does not focus on supporting the employer's internal recruitment and hiring competencies.
- Often RPO Recruiters/Sourcers are inexperienced, and located offshore or in remote call centers.
- There is anxiety associated with outsourcing such a core business function.
Introduced by Decision Toolbox, RPI (Recruitment Partner Insourcing) is the next evolution of scalable recruitment, removing the above limitations and the anxiety:
- No long term contractual dollar commitment is required.
- The employer gains on-demand scalability while retaining complete control over the recruiting operation.
- RPI supports the productivity of the employer's existing recruiting team.
- DT's RPI recruiters are all senior, US-based professionals with corporate and agency experience.
Does DT specialize?
We have Recruiters who specialize in specific areas and disciplines such as Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Biotech, etc. However, Decision Toolbox as a company intentionally limits our number of clients per industry/location sector, so that we can recruit from as many of our clients' competitors as possible. As a result, we have filled thousands of positions —
over 2,500 different position titles
— across virtually all industries, disciplines and levels, and have demonstrated that our process, tools and technology succeed in any arena.
What methods do you use to source candidates?
DT's comprehensive sourcing campaigns cover all the bases - old and new. We stay on top of emerging channels and trends so you don't need to worry that you are missing out on something. More specifically, sourcing for every position includes:
Our Own Database
We have cultivated a database of hundreds of thousands of candidate prospects, across myriad industries, disciplines, levels and locations.
Advanced Internet Mining
- Social networks and channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Traditional resume databases (including Monster and CareerBuilder)
- Relevant targeted and niche databases, associations and user groups
- Deep web searching
Our seasoned recruitment team is extremely adept at referral cultivation the old fashioned way, while our technology generates referrals on a "mass" basis.
To make sure we are covering all of the bases, we post on the major job boards including Monster and CareerBuilder, as well as relevant targeted boards such as Dice, Craigslist, and niche sites.
All four methods are included in every search.
Do you handle confidential searches?
Why is a 45 minute brainstorming call with the Hiring Manager necessary?
Every job is the ideal opportunity for someone. Good recruiting is about attracting the right people for the right reasons.
The "specs" call is where the Hiring Manager and our designated team members collaborate to shape the magnet and filter that will be used to attract and identify your ideal candidate. This is not a job description rehash. It is an enjoyable, creative session in which we explore the open position from many angles so that we understand not only how to recognize the ideal candidates when we find them, but how to attract them in the first place.
Even our new Hiring Managers who felt they did not have time for the call wind up telling us how much they appreciated the time spent.
Does Decision Toolbox have a minimum or maximum number of positions that can be worked at one time?
No. Some clients hire DT to perform an occasional search here and there. For others we serve as their own recruiting department. Others yet bring DT in to supplement their own team when there is a hiring spike.
How long does Decision Toolbox take to fill a position?
We standardly source, screen and present the candidate who is ultimately hired within 2 weeks of recruitment launch. 5-10 days is not uncommon.
What do you guarantee?
- Hires on Standard Searches come with a 12 month warranty (conditions apply).
- We will work each position with the same level of urgency, tenacity and care that you would want from your own staff.
- We will utilize and scour all of the major, plus relevant specialty, job boards and resume databases, as well as actively generate referrals to produce the best available prospects for you.
- Every search will be handled by a seasoned professional recruiter who will keep you well informed at all times and work with you proactively, as a true partner, to overcome any obstacles that may arise.
- If a position proves to be especially difficult to fill, we will proactively partner with you to overcome the obstacles.
- All written and oral communications with the public on your behalf will serve as positive PR for your company.
What is Recruitment Engineering?
Recruitment Engineering is a structured methodology for recruitment, developed by Decision Toolbox. It comprises:
- a top to bottom process executed by a team of specialists performing specific, choreographed steps.
- a set of decision support tools (Jobinfo Writeup, Resume Supplement, Virtual Interview Worksheet, e-Reference form).
- advanced technology (Recruiting Machine) wrapped around the enterprise.
Does Decision Toolbox pay referral fees for introducing new client companies?
Yes. Decision Toolbox pays a revenue share to individuals who introduce us to new clients. For more information about Decision Toolbox's Channel Partner and Revenue Share programs, call Kim Shepherd at 562-377-5664 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate it if you review the rest of this website, including the rest of the FAQ's on this page, before calling.
Can I use Recruiting Machine - Decision Toolbox's recruiting technology platform - as my internal ATS?
Recruiting Machine is available to qualifying RPO clients at no additional charge.
Can Recruiting Machine integrate with my current ATS/Recruiting System?
Recruiting Machine (RM) can share data with most modern Applicant Tracking Systems. RM is not meant to be a substitute for your current ATS. It is a recruiting productivity platform developed by DT to build both speed and quality into our own recruiting process. It also serves as a dashboard through which you can view the real time status of searches, candidates and activity. There is no additional charge for that. In any case, Recruiting Machine can export applicant data into your existing ATS or HRIS if desired.
Is Recruiting Machine compliant with EEO and OFCCP guidelines?
Yes. Recruiting Machine captures and provides reporting on the relevant data.