Our Veterans Deserve an “Unfair Share” of U.S. Employment Opportunities
With the Memorial Day holiday upon us, there’s no better time to step up our efforts to help unemployed U.S. veterans enter or re-enter the civilian workforce. There are currently more than 250,000 unemployed veterans in the marketplace, and this number is expected to rise to nearly 1 million veterans seeking employment in the U.S.
In return for the sacrifices they have made for us and for our country, we believe it’s our collective duty to do what we can to assist these men and women in the next chapter of their lives.
Being a national, full service recruitment firm and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) provider, we at Decision Toolbox (DT) feel we’re in a unique position to do just that. Enter our Vetted Vets program, designed to bring a pool of pre-qualified veterans and quality job opportunities together, and give our veterans a 2-week head start on these opportunities. In addition to feeling the satisfaction and positive reputation that comes with doing the right thing, other benefits of hiring veterans include:
- Vets make highly valuable employees through their reliability, dedication, loyalty, leadership skills and team attitude.
- Tax incentives are available to employers for hiring veterans. The credit ranges from $2,400 for hiring veterans who have been looking for a job for more than four weeks to $9,600 for hiring veterans with service-connected disabilities who have been looking for a job longer than six months.
The Vetted Vets program affords transitioning U.S. veterans an advantage in the job market: a 2-week head start on job openings. How is this done? For the first two weeks of a Vetted Vets search, we will ONLY look at applicants who are U.S. veterans. We will:
- Develop unique marketing tools to attract the right vets for the job.
- Disseminate the position through direct channels to veterans transitioning from the military.
- Manage the vet applicants in our unique recruiting portal, including video answers to one or more job-specific questions (when possible).
- Vet them via phone interview.
- Present the top veteran candidates to hiring managers for final review.
Decision Toolbox is pleased to offer the Vetted Vets program to employers at an extremely low price, cutting deeply into our own revenue. Why, you may ask? Because it’s simply the right thing to do and is our way of giving back. We look forward to working on this win-win initiative with employers that are looking to do the same.
For more information on the program and how to participate, visit Vetted Vets.